Monday, June 28, 2010

Going Terrestrial

I have some fantastic news!

My radio show, “Relationships 101,” which currently is heard on www.webtalkradio.net, is about to be heard on terrestrial radio. It will air on WWPR 1490 AM in Sarasota, FL from 9:00 – 10:00 EDT beginning on July 14th. I am thrilled, because this is a prime radio time slot, and because this is the first concrete step toward syndicating my show.

Yes, you can still tune in to my show on www.webtalkradio.net where it will air as well. However, WWPR also will broadcast my show over the Internet. And after we’ve been on for 6 to 7 weeks, they will poll their listeners to see if they liked the show. So perhaps if you tune in to WWPR when it streams over the Internet, I might be fortunate enough for them to call you and other members of my caring community to ask for your opinion of the show.

I would not have been able to do this show as well as I do or get as far as I have without my coach and mentor, Brad Saul. Allow me to brag on him a bit. He owns Matrix Media, the parent company of webtalkradio.net. He earned both his undergraduate and master’s degrees in Radio and Television at Northwestern University. In addition, he earned a law degree at Chicago’s Loyola University, although he has never practiced law, he says, because he hasn’t known any happy lawyers. He also sits on Northwestern’s university-wide admissions committee. He readily admits that he “bleeds purple,” the school’s color. Just imagine being mentored by someone who has been in the radio biz for 30 years and who has that knowledge and skill! I indeed am privileged. There is no doubt that I wouldn’t be where I am were it not for Brad’s tutelage.

All my life, I have had the rather modest goal of wanting to change the world. (I hope you’re smiling.) And I have been tilting at windmills like Don Quixote my whole professional life. My goal now is to take “Relationships 101” national by syndicating it. I untimately intend to become a kinder, gentler version of Dr. Laura or Dr. Phil.

I would so appreciate your sending me your blessings.

No comments: