Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Let Your Brain Make You Better!!

“The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.”
John Milton, Paradise Lost, 1667

Is your mind your greatest resource? Or does it mutiny like a motley crew on a pirate ship?

What is the difference between your mind and your brain?

Is it possible to actually change misfiring circuits in your brain that keeps you running in place like a caged gerbil, coming back again and again to the same place, never seeming to get anywhere?

Can you create new neuron connections in your brain that build brand new pathways of thought?

Does your mind have to change your life by sheer dint of will or can you enlist the help of your brain?

Is it possible for you to be in charge of your mind plus many brain functions?

These fascinating questions and more were discussed when I spoke with my guest, Dr. Rick Hanson, on “Relationships 101”on www.webtalkradio.net. Dr. Hanson is a neuropsychologist and the author of Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom. But it could as easily be called Neuroscience for Dummies. It’s that readable. And Dr. Hanson is that understandable.

Link in to the podcast at http://tinyurl.com/yk6kawv to hear me tell a sweet story from a neurological perspective about the game my grandson and I play. And how I worked with a couple to resolve trauma in the wife’s childhood, thereby rewiring her brain and putting her restructured mind in charge of her life.

If you are the type who loves “Ask Dr. Science,” I think you will find this show both fascinating and touching.

Please do post a comment. I sincerely would love to know what you thought of this conversation.

Is there a specific topic you would like to have discussed by an expert on "Relationships 101" or on this blog. Write me at www.AskDrBethErickson.com and leave me your suggestion. I would love to have my discussions relevant to my audience.

If you have a question you’d like to ask me, go to www.AskDrBethErickson.com and leave me your question. You will get an answer your questions from me personally. I promise.

Dedicated to your health and happiness,

Dr. Beth

1 comment:

O'Neal Media Group Publicity News said...

Hi Dr. Erickson,
Congratulations on your website's fabulous make-over! What an endlessly fascinating topic you present in your blog today.

James Lincoln once said: " A mind stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimension."

warm regards,

Jackie O'Neal
O'Neal Media Group
http://onealmedia.presskit247.com